Life is a mixed bag

... After falling seriously ill with Crohn's disease in 2008 I had emergency, life saving (and life changing) surgery to form an ileostomy (I now poo into a bag glued to my abdomen). While many might be horrified by this, for me it is normal: it is because of the bag that I am still alive and my children are not orphans (my wife, Jo, died in 2014).  I have learnt to live each day as it comes, for good & bad, with my children Alice and Maisy to inspire me. Read these pages to find out about living with a stoma bag and a journey I am undertaking from Land's End to John o'Groats in August 2018. Please share these pages as I want to raise awareness about living with a stoma (for both those with and without bags) and raise money for Crohn's & Colitis UK and the Ileostomy & Internal Pouch Support Group.

Popular posts from this blog

First post: planning a Land's End to John o'Groats trip

Planned Land's End to John o'Groats route

Day 3 Dartmoor To South Of Glastonbury